Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Meatless Mondays

I would like to talk about a little thing I participate in called Meatless Monday.  This is probably not a new concept to most of you, but I will talk about it nonetheless.  You see, I have my own issues with meat; sometimes it's texture, well, most times it's about texture.  Some people I have talked with can live on meat alone, no carbs, no veggies, nothing else, I however am the exact opposite.  I eat meat only because I know i need the protein, not because I love it.  Anyway, I think I will dub Mondays (going forward) on this blog to this fantastic no meat day.  I realize that today is Tuesday, but I will tell you today, what I prepared for dinner last night and you can either use this recipe for next week's meatless day, or get CRAZY and have a meatless Tuesday, whatever you choose, the world is your oyster.


Veggie Tacos 
Serves 4


1 Squash or Zucchini roughly chopped (OR  any vegetable that you have around the fridge)
1 clove of garlic
2 c frozen white or yellow corn
1 c canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 package of taco seasoning
1`c of chopped tomatoes
1/2 c feta cheese
hard or soft taco shells
any additional toppings that you dig on your normal tacos, i used sour cream and hot sauce.


In a large saucepan, saute first 5 ingredients in the pan until vegetables are tender, around 10 minutes.  Add tomatoes for 2 more minutes, just until heated through.  Fill taco shells with feta cheese and additional toppings if you so desire.  Below is all the veggies you can use.  With all these choices, WHO NEEDS MEAT??  :)







1 comment: